Old 03-18-20, 09:40 PM
madpogue 

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2363 Post(s)
Liked 1,749 Times in 1,191 Posts
I've had to be in the office all week. City is ramping up to allow a LOT of admin staff to telework (that's what the kids are calling it these days....), and my team has been recruited to help set up laptops for VPN access, etc. We're going out to the woodshed, re-habbing some nearly C&V laptops that in some cases don't even have a battery that will hold a charge. That assignment should wrap up tomorrow, at which point we're being strongly encouraged to telework ourselves. Most of the team will be. I'm playing it by ear, I figure with only a few other people in the office, social distancing won't be a challenge. Plus, we're mostly in separate offices anyway. I do use the commute as a chance to be outside, and get some physical activity. I may just elect to telework and then ride on my own.

Today's ride - the morning "rain" forecast turned out to be snow, so I switched back to the stud-mobile. Just as I left, the snow turned to COLD rain. Turns out the roads and MUP were fine, but the studs were employed anyway. There was a City Engineering "Vactor" truck (aka "honey wagon") parked on the MUP behind a new-ish apartment building, the nozzle poked into some utility cover. Took up most of the path width, and a few staff milling around it. I just went off into the snow-covered grass siding the path, dropped it down a gear, and waved as I went by. Evening ride was in the rain. Traffic of all modes is definitely down.