Old 04-08-20, 06:34 AM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
I see all sorts of weird stuff being done on TR and with other "canned" workouts folks do that I follow.

I'm dipping back into higher power stuff, so was cruising what other folks are doing. One guy on out team had recently done some kind of TR workout that looked similar to 1:1 but was 1.5:1.

I thought the theory here was to inject a lot of lactic and get the HR up pretty fast. Then, once up, the ratio pretty much hold the HR up high since you can't recover but the recovery is just enough to be able to do enough work to inject a lot more lactic in the system again on the next rep.

3min like I've traditionally done seems to me to be a lot more aerobic contribution than the shorter efforts. But, for VO2 I sill hear about how 3 on 3 off being "the deal".

What would some kind of "tweener" workout like 1.5 on 1 off? I may just ask what the description of the workout is telling him. I'm always looking for "new" ways to do that work as doing the same exact stuff over and over gets boring.

May just eat it and do a 20 or 30min Crit City race to get some VO2 stimulus, lol. And get my rear end handed to me!