View Single Post
Old 04-13-20, 11:21 AM
topflightpro

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1851 Post(s)
Liked 678 Times in 429 Posts
My wife and I yesterday were discussing racing this year. We've heard rumors that a lot of the road season isn't going to be canceled, just pushed back. So, road season would be in October, Cross in January to March. Things like that.

But I'm not sure that's even possible, at least at the big level. I've been targeting Masters Track Nationals at T-Town this year, and realistically, that event could be pushed back into the fall and moved to LA, where it's indoors. But who will do that? USAC has furloughed about half its staff. Several people I know left and went to work for other organizations before that. I'm not sure they currently have the resources or capability to reschedule so many events. And even if they could, do they still have the manpower to put those events on? Can they recruit enough officials capable of rearranging their schedules for new dates? Most of the officials I know work full time jobs and officiate on the side.

The farther we get into this, the less optimistic I feel about any racing this year. I kind of agree with Psimet, that I wish they would just go ahead and call it. I know it's not what anyone wants, but it would at least offer a concrete decision, as opposed to sitting here waiting to find out.