Old 06-11-12, 06:13 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2926 Post(s)
Liked 2,921 Times in 1,489 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnDThompson
Sure; the "driftless area" where the Dairyland Dare takes place is quite hilly -- not miles and miles of climbing with hundreds or thousands of feet of elevation gain, but pretty much constant up and down. Very scenic, also.

That picture makes me think of the "Don Q Inn" in Dodgeville: http://www.donqinn.net/rooms.asp
That place looks decadant!

Originally Posted by iab
The Driftless Area is a region where the last glacier missed. Elevation gains aren't huge, only 300-500 feet. But when they happen in the course of a a kilometer or so, the 10-20% gradients give you a good work out.
I C. Is that down near Prairie Do Chicken? I don't get that way often mostly I run up to De Pere or through the Dells to Minn.
Originally Posted by rhm
Okay, I'll see your challenge and offer up a challenge of my own... not to be seen as an ultimatum, you understand.

If someone offers me a ride to and from, or even just offers to accompany me on the Greyhound Bus, I will come with my 1954 Drysdale running a Simplex Tour-de-France derailleur on a 46 T chain ring and a 14-24 freewheel, and I will ride that 200k with you. And I will not whine about the hills. I like hills. Some of my best friends are hills.

If not, well, you're on your own, iab.
It is only about 900 - 1000 mile ride and would be a great warm up.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk