Old 02-13-19, 06:48 PM
NomarsGirl

Bikes: Specialized Ruby Sport

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Liked 314 Times in 165 Posts
We're doing a short tour along the Loire a velo in September. Just 2 days with one overnight. Decided against the package deal from the bike shop, because other than luggage transfers and maps, we don't seem to be getting much for the extra cost. We'll rent bikes and panniers from them. If we can't carry what we need for a single night (staying in a hotel) in panniers, then we are completely hopeless for longer tours.

I'm a little nervous that I can't find a detailed map of the route. We're starting in Tours, spending a night in Azay-le-Rideau and ending in Chinon. Dropping the bikes off in Chinon. What I can't seem to find is a downloadable map of the actual route. I ran it through Google Maps, but I'm not entirely sure it's putting me on the bike path. Probably pretty close to it though. I'm sure we can get a printed map at the tourist office before we set out. I took a look at street view. Other than getting out of Tours itself, it seems pretty quiet. Just pedal fast through the city section to get to the countryside we wanted to see.