View Single Post
Old 07-31-16, 10:30 AM
mikemowbz

Bikes: Are several.

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked 75 Times in 21 Posts
Just swapped the full stock bar assembly (steel stem and handlebar, Deore LX trigger shifters, brake levers, grips, and all cabling) from my girlfriend's early 1990s Schwinn PDG MTB for a drop bar assembly with quill adapter, Ritchey stem, ITM race bar, Tektro levers, yellow Fizik, Spurcycle bell. Looks good, but not yet functional.

Need to set up new cabling and install some Shimano bar-end shifters to run the old 7sp LX drive train.

With the heavy steel stock stem and bar there, I think I must've dropped ~3-4lbs off the complete bike with the swap!

Setup fenders as well. Also needs a rack...but the girlfriend needs to come down to the shop I work at to have a hand in selection.

Work scheduled for completion on my day off, Monday.

Monday is also much-anticipated pickup date for my new Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross frame (V5, 62cm, PINK!)

Frame set, Bruce Gordon Rock N Road tires, 2x Black Mountain Cycles 26oz water bottles are waiting for me in Point Roberts, WA.

Have been dutifully assembling components for the build, and will no doubt launch straight into wrenching on that one beside the old PDG mountain bike by tomorrow evening.