View Single Post
Old 09-06-16, 11:50 AM
Andy_K 

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 525 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3230 Post(s)
Liked 3,865 Times in 1,439 Posts
I don't know if this counts as "wrenching" but I finally got started fixing the numerous paint chips on my Austro Daimler. I've been putting this off for a while because I had doubts about being able to match the color. Well, I now have definitive proof that I've spent too much time looking at this bike.

I was at a Sally's Beauty Supply with my youngest daughter this weekend and as she was looking over nail polish, I glanced through the selection and one jumped out at me as definitely being the color of my bike. I didn't have the bike with me and didn't consult any pictures. I just saw the color and knew it was the one. I had previously browsed the selection at Rite Aid and the closest I got was "maybe if I buy these three one of them will be close enough." This time I was pretty certain I had a winner.

I was right.

After the first coat I was initially disappointed, thinking it didn't match after all....

Then I realized that while I could still see the spot I was touching up, I couldn't see any overbrush at all. Three coats later...

I'll have to be a bit more careful about texture when I touch up the top tube, but I'm really pleased with this.