Old 01-17-21, 05:34 AM
bulgie 
blahblahblah chrome moly

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1173 Post(s)
Liked 2,569 Times in 1,073 Posts
Originally Posted by iab
What about a range? Down to a decade? Your Atala catalog could be anything from 1900-1990. Sort of close is better than nothing.
Nobody wants to hear my uneducated guesses on the dates. I insist on crowdsourcing them. I am no marque expert for any of those dozens of brands. Each one has its adherents and apostles who know way more than I do. You mentioned Atala for example. I've never owned one or had a riding buddy who owned one, never worked at a shop that sold them or even serviced more than the odd one once a month or less. Not enough exposure to know much about them.

There's some willful ignorance too. I have some catalog scans for companies I'm just not interested in. But someone took the time to scan it and send it to me, so I feel a duty to honor that effort by giving the scans a home. Just don't expect me to research it to find the year — I'm too lazy to research even the brands I am interested in, let alone the ones I'm not. So sue me!

You see the utter bare-bones 1990-style of the website (or even crude for that era). No HTML for most of the catalogs, just a plain file listing. This is never going to be a "user friendly" database. Anyone is welcome to take these files and make a much better website for them, in fact I encourage people to. I don't own the copyrights for these catalog images, I didn't even scan them myself in most cases, so I can't really put limits on how people use them. Getting these catalogs mirrored elsewhere would be a good idea because my server is old and not super redundant, there are single points of failure that could take bulgier.net "off the air". Like I could get hit by a bus. So make copies for yourself and/or start sharing them on your own server. Please do keep the little txt files explaining who did the scanning and/or who owned the physical catalog that was scanned, they deserve to get credit.

Mark B in Seattle