Old 01-18-21, 05:09 PM
RiddleOfSteel
Master Parts Rearranger

Bikes: 1982 Trek 720 - 1985 Trek 620 - 1984 Trek 620 - 1980 Trek 510 - Other luminaries past and present

Mentioned: 221 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1556 Post(s)
Liked 2,024 Times in 989 Posts
Originally Posted by JaccoW
That's a herculean effort there @RiddleOfSteel . But I had a feeling you liked doing that after your efforts of indexing all of the 66cm Koga-Miyata models throughout the years.

If you get the linking problem sorted we could also try adding the respective threads related to the brands or certain bike in general.
Like the Miyata thread, my own Koga-Miyata thread, Cannondale, Bridgestone or Batavus threads.

But let's stick to a minimum viable product first, as they say in Agile, and see if the mods can get your problems with the links sorted.
Thank you! Part of me thinks that becoming a librarian or museum curator or similar keeper+cataloger--I wouldn't go so far as to say historian as that's a whole other thing--would not be the worst thing in the world. Industrial Designer to that? Whichever becomes of any of these mental indulgences, my narrow, ahh, "focus" is on full display here.

There were a number of things I did learn--and that's only scratching the surface--as I went through this, like that Gios Professionals came as tall as 66cm CTT! Now...They ran 75° HT and ST angles across all models with many, if not all, forks possessing 55mm of rake. That makes a trail count of 34mm. Active steering? You bet. They were not messing around! Alas, the steep ST angle combined with the normal-length-for-a-73°-ST-angle top tubes (59.5cm for a 66cm frame) sets the reach a good 25mm longer than what I would like. Still! Alan aluminum bikes came in 63cm CTC (or 64.8cm CTT per their catalog), which I did not know. Most everyone outside of Cannondale were chicken to offer tall aluminum frames, and that was in the '80s!

As for linking to respective threads, I like the idea. It's another good chunk of work for sure, and I agree, get the core goal/purpose/point of the thread running flawlessly and work from there. Maybe I'll take my second post and make it a link to those "Show Me Your _____ Bike" thread so as to maintain the visual and functional purity of the first post/original thread idea. Hoping Mr. cbBill will help me out or send another guy to bail me out of the ditch here.