MoAlpha
• —

Bikes: Shmikes

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10165 Post(s)
Liked 5,856 Times in 3,153 Posts
Originally Posted by Mojo31
Can the new guy ask what might be a stupid question or one with an obvious answer?

Looking more at the trainer/Zwift idea so I can get some saddle time in the mornings before work. Most likely will go with a Wahoo product. Riding outdoors in my hood during the rush hours is out of the question for me.

The thing would go in our workout room where I have a TV on the wall and the ability to connect the TV to a Windows laptop. I have an Android phone and iPad. My stupid question is if I run Zwift on the laptop so I can view on the TV, how does the trainer connect to the laptop? Or, is there another way to set it all up that I am just totally not seeing? Is there anything I need other than the smart trainer such as some sort of dongle to connect the trainer to the laptop?
I usually run Zwift on an iPhone 7 connected to a computer monitor with a HDMI adapter. Works perfectly and matches the screen dimensions. Works from the iPad too, of course, but doesn't use the whole monitor screen. As others note, the trainer connection is BTLE
Likes For MoAlpha: