Old 02-13-18, 02:20 PM
Seattle Forrest

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18883 Post(s)
Liked 10,646 Times in 6,054 Posts
Originally Posted by redlude97
I mean, its not exactly like that. No one was saying the ice caves never collapse, anyone with a half a brain new there was some risk involved. But go back to the previous thread when a pro claimed to have been cut by a rotor and there were plenty of those adamant it wasn't possible. The main reason I posted was to see the reactions honestly. I've been riding disc brake bikes for over 5 years, and currently own more disc brake bikes than rim brake bikes, and I'm certainly not going out to replace all my rotors on my 6 sets of wheels with "safer" rounded ones, but we've had disc brakes for over 10 years and just this year has SRAM added significant rounding/chamfering to their disc brakes. Only shimano's newest high end rotors too. There is room for discs in everyday and mass start events if people are willing to acknowledge there is a small increase in risk in certain circumstances, and manufacturers minimize this risk in a cost effective manner going forward. Summed up nicely
Did people actually say it's impossible to cut yourself on a rotor, or just unlikely?