Old 07-19-11, 11:53 PM
mortenfyhn

Bikes: Nishiki International

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've no plans of racing competitively, but for all I know, I could end up changing my mind. The S1 may very well be from 2010. I think the way the bicycle "feels" will be a lot more important than the raw numbers, but that's something I'll find out if I test ride it. And when it comes to test riding, how exactly does that work? I ride with toe clips now, and even though I would get clipless pedals/shoes when getting a new bike, I would prefer to use a pedal type that I'm used to when test riding. Should I bring my own pedals along, or can I expect the store to have some toe clip-equipped pedals around?

The thing with judging how aggressive a position I'd be comfortable with is that I don't know what my current position is like. It's certainly quite leaned-forward, but how unspecific is that? I don't have the handlebars much lower than the seat on my current bike, but I think that's mostly because the frame, and by extension top tube, is too large. (I'm 186 cm, the frame is 63 center-to-top.)