Old 07-25-19, 07:14 AM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked 176 Times in 115 Posts
Consecutive bicycle work commute number 775:

Woke up to hear rain hitting the roof. I decided that I didn't feel like getting soaked by going to go out and do my normal 3 mile walk/run, so I set the alarm for an hour later and went back to sleep.

When I got up it was still raining, but not as heavy. I was originally planning on riding my road bike today, so I had packed a backpack. I moved everything out of the backpack and into my waterproof panniers and took my hybrid with fenders instead. Got a little wet during my ride, but thankfully not completely soaked.

Saw a very large beaver cross the MUP about 100 yards in front of me. Took me a few seconds to figure out what it was. From the size I originally thought it was a dog, but the legs were too short and it was much rounder than a dog. Futher down the trail I also startled a stray cat hunkered down under a railroad bridge.

I was rolling down the street when a guy got out of his car and saw me wearing my USF Cougars shirt (my alma mater) and he hollered, "Go Coo!" I raised my fist in the air and responded with a hearty, "Whoooo!" Another month until the football season starts.