FiftySix
I'm the anecdote.

Bikes: '12 Schwinn, '13 Norco

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1110 Post(s)
Liked 1,176 Times in 795 Posts
Originally Posted by big john
I've not had a lot of luck with doctors. People on the forum always seem to swear by their doctors and I guess it's right to get checked out but I usually get told something like "you look good for your age" or one told me last year "well, you are 64". I wanted my heart checked out and the next thing was the insurance denied seeing a cardiologist. Months of that b.s. and I gave up as the symptoms subsided somewhat.

I guess I'm doing ok "for my age".
Yep. I've heard many stories about how doctors treat their patients. It would appear that those with very good insurance coverage will get very good medical treatment, while those with less insurance will get less treatment.

I saw the difference first hand between my dad and a co-worker's dad. My dad had fantastic insurance and had heart surgery a second time when he was 80. My co-worker's dad got the "that is to be expected at your age" treatment. My dad outlasted his dad by about 12 years.

I'm in the same boat as my co-worker's dad where the life insurance is better than the health insurance.
Likes For FiftySix: