View Single Post
Old 02-21-19, 09:56 PM
greatscott

Bikes: 1984 Fuji Club, Suntour ARX; 2013 Lynskey Peloton, mostly 105 with Ultegra rear derailleur, Enve 2.0 fork; 2020 Masi Giramondo 700c, full Deore with TRP dual piston mech disk brakes

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 71 Posts
Originally Posted by KraneXL
That sounds like a good life for an electronic device. Particularly one that exists in an environment such as on a bicycle.
Well accept wired ones will last at least 20 years, vs 2 to 5 (from my experience) for wireless, remember I said the longest lasting one I had was 5 years, I had one that didn't make it out of the warranty and the replacement made it 4 months but wasn't warrantied because the a warranty replacement doesn't start the warranty time frame all over it just continues where the old one left off; that one was a Cateye. I then had a Planet Bike wireless and it lasted around 2 years, and the 5 year one was a VDO. I have a Sigma wired one that is about 20 years old and my wife has a 12 year old Sigma wired job, I have wired Cateye that is about 28 years old. I've found on the wireless jobs is that the computer itself is fine, it's the sending unit that quits.