View Single Post
Old 12-04-13, 12:20 AM
taxi777
Wheres my snuggie?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
If anyone is checking this thread. Yes, somehow I'm still alive! I've been in life's washing machine agitator for a few years which turned into an airplane going into a spinning nose dive! At this point I've stopped the spin and I'm pulling back on the flaps and the ground was close but the nose is starting to pull up...
Also 2008 I hit 10,000 miles in one year and got seriously burned out, along with a financial upheaval which led me back into some serious darkness. To run away from my ghosts, my angst, depression etc. I began to literally RUN! This month it has been 2 years since I began running. Marathons, Trail running. Everything I could get my feet on. I miss the old BF'rs so much. This month things started rolling better for me in life. My running acomplishments have given me Mental, Physical and spiritual strength of which I have never experienced. I love to run...This week I rode with a good friend ( a runner) and I finally stopped running and looked back...I love the bike. I embrace my 3 year train-wreck of a life I've been experiencing. I think I just need to grow in a different direction for a bit. Out of the box, challenged, pushed to the limit in a completely different direction. I feel better and more worthy of the good friends I spent so much of my time with back in the day. I want to take some baby steps back towards that. Although it may be difficult. Day long rides are a bit of difficulty with two separate careers that I now seem to have. I've very busy but I know I need to make time for what is really important and that is communion with friends that I have so much in common with...anyway that's my spiel. I'm going to start checking back in here. I love this forum. It meant so much to me back in the beginning when I was in real trouble and found so much support and friendship that really got me through some rough times. It's a good balance (this bike thing) to my running addiction. Hope to see some of you again in the years ahead. Maybe not all that often but with the same fun and flare as days gone by...Man that sure sounded corny...