View Single Post
Old 10-12-18, 09:34 AM
Wattsup

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 376 Post(s)
Liked 40 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by rabsaque
Hi guys nice to be part of this group with so many people that love bikes as much as I do, I'm writing cause I'm facing an issue and haven't found conclusive data about it.

Recently I got a new job about 7 miles from home, so I decided to ride to it every day that makes it 14 miles 5 days a week.

I had to move from my home country Venezuela to Peru due to economic an political crisis, same crisis that made me sell my bike so I didn't ride for like 2 years so first thing i did on Peru when i got my paycheck was to buy me a new bike, but ooo dear did i was rust!!!

first times riding were ok but as i get close to my first 3 months of biking to work i'm starting to feel a horrible pain on my knees is sooo bad that i need to use my arms to sit on a chair or anywhere cause the pain is horrendous some other commuter friends told me that it migth be my pedaling technique or my saddle height i m 1.85 cm tall guy but last time i tried to ge my saddle height right pain just got worse, what can i do to ease it it might get worse?

share your knowledge with me, please.

One word: Cloves! Well, here are a few more words. You didn't mention your age, but you could have plain vanilla arthritis. Arthritis is an inflammatory disease, and cloves have a number of anti-inflammatory substances. I buy dried cloves from nuts.com, and then grind them using a mortar and pestle. After very long rides my arthritic hip will ache, but about 15 ground cloves washed down with water will make me feel limber and pain-free again. I take the cloves as needed, and wait about 4 hours after the ride before taking them. Cloves are also loaded with anti-oxidants, and it's possible, at least theoretically that these anti-oxidants could blunt the fitness-enhancing aspect of the exercise. That's why I wait a few hours.

This advice is in addition to all of the other advice you've gotten in this thread...once you've tried changing the bike fit, try the cloves!