Old 06-20-20, 05:52 PM
Cyclist7485
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 11 Posts
One thing to be sure of is that if you are using R8000 derailleurs, for best performance be sure to also have R8000 STI shifters. The front trims are different than on 6800.
Also, even with over three decades experience in me and having completed Shimano S-Tec training, tuning the front derailleur was a time consuming and frustrating experience on one of my own bikes.
One thing that I learned from the experience and that you ought to know going into it is that the front derailleur setup may be really straightforward and relatively quick, or it might be somewhat time consuming depending upon some of your bike's geometry numbers.
My bike with very short 405mm chainstays is much less forgiving of the FD-R8000 than bikes with more common modern geometry. The R8000 FD will work best in combination with an R8000 crankset. The chainring spacing is different than on previous generations.
On some bikes, you will find that the Shimano installation and adjustment procedure is not going to yield the final settings. You may have to make many very tiny incremental adjustments to the limit screws and cable tension until it is "right".

Best of luck to you! Enjoy the new group!

Last edited by Cyclist7485; 06-21-20 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Spelling