View Single Post
Old 07-09-20, 03:19 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10965 Post(s)
Liked 7,492 Times in 4,189 Posts
Originally Posted by gus6464
He is but he really knows what he's talking about. For example in the video he explains what voids are and why they are bad and uses a real world example of the issues it can have on an aircraft for example. At the end of the day I will trust his engineering expertise over any engineer that works in the bike industry. I loved his video on manufacturing tolerances and how the bike industry gets away with manufacturing what basically amounts to rejects in any other industry.
I didnt wait, watching it now. He is just such a mess that its awesome. His fumbling with the laser on the powerpoint was great.
But to the nuts and bolts of it- yeah it was interesting to see the explanation of voids(the equations went right over me) and the BB variance on that frame is nuts. He has always hated on Cervelo for it's loose tolerances so the Cervelo - OPEN connection is funny.

ETA- odd that he mentioned multiple times that he didnt know why the DS chainstay is dropped.
Likes For mstateglfr: