View Single Post
Old 07-13-20, 11:50 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10965 Post(s)
Liked 7,493 Times in 4,189 Posts
I'll add that Hambini has taken the crankset i use for my gravel and main road bikes to task- Praxis Zayante.
He went into great detail about bearing preload, the forces on bearings, etc and basically called the Praxis design total crap.

It was interesting to learn his view of why its total crap. I still love both cranksets and will use them for years to come, barring some crazy failure. But still, it was interesting to learn why he dislikes them.

Its unfortunate we defend that which we like, even when presented with details for why itnisnt as great as we think. But its understandable- you don't want to accept what you like as being inferior or unjustifiable.

again, voids in carbon should be minimized, bit it appears they are somewhat inevitable to a small degree. Not catching them is understandable since they can't be seen. But bottom bracket errors like holes not being round, not being parallel, not being aligned, and not being the proper size are all things that could be found out before selling the bike. This is especially true for improper size since that is easy to know.
Likes For mstateglfr: