View Single Post
Old 03-25-21, 06:27 PM
Mad Honk 

Bikes: Paramount, Faggin, Ochsner, Ciocc, Basso

Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1303 Post(s)
Liked 1,912 Times in 1,142 Posts
I have become more amused over the DeJoy Debacle.
He supposedly ran a company that was a private shipping operation for profit, and he wants to do the same to to the Postal service. Biggest problem is government services don't work the same way. I worked for a University print shop for 35 years and one worker kept trying to compare what we did to the private companies. The services are completely different. For profit companies can and do charge the going market rate for services, whereas the not for profits offer more services and better because they are not restricted by market costs. As an employee I was aware that we never needed to show a profit, and if we did it was distributed into items like office furniture or some other items. The private company model is a different animal than the internal not for profit model. Trying to convert the Postal service to a for profit model will stop it from being a service and turn it into another business like all the others.
Now about that "kicked to the curb" thing... How can I help? It should happen sooner than later. Smiles, MH
Likes For Mad Honk: