That gives him a hobby

Bikes: 1992 Raliegh Heat and 2008 Bianchi Volpe

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by brewrider
I hope someone got some pics.

I'm curious about what was said at the meeting. Did they give time frames about the expansion of the trail? Are all the land owner conflicts being sorted out?
I know Lynn snapped one of me next to a nice, new trail friendly gate. It's a gate that closes the trail to cars/4 wheelers, but peds, horses and bikes can pass through without stopping. I like it.

I would say that Stan's No Flat or WTB's new No Flat system is a MUST for the bushwacking parts of the trail. Flats front and back for me because I would hit the Honey Locus tree branches, and that was that!

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-0...2/IMAG0480.jpg

Also, expect to average 6mph or less unless you are a beast like Lynn.

As for trail resistance, Delta County plays heavily in this, for some reason. Of all the places the trail was just flat out impassible, the BOARDER with Delta County was it. Also, it was in Delta County that the NO TRESPASSING sign and fence across the trail are in place. It came out during the meeting that Delta County has never been a strong supporter (or maybe even any supporter) of the trail.

Southern Lamar County also has the trail being fairly not there, but I don't think it's hostile, just neglect.