Old 05-22-18, 08:26 AM
furiousferret

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 842 Post(s)
Liked 469 Times in 250 Posts
Originally Posted by rubiksoval
I don't want to race much anymore. I don't think I'm going to next year. It was fine training and stuff when my wife was at home with the little kid, but once she started working again a month or two ago, things are just so much busier and more hectic. And then I feel guilty leaving to train or race. And my results suck. I haven't cracked the top 6 in a race yet. And I haven't done a single ride over 3 hours since March, and only 4-5 rides over 1:45. Probably why my results suck.

Schools out in four days, so hanging on hoping that'll turn things around for the summer races, but pretty much decided I'll be about done by August when school starts again.

My pity party for the week.
This makes me sad.

..but I understand. Racing on the razor of Cat 1 is a full time job on top of a full time job, and you have to omit everything else in your life to be successful at it. That takes a toll, especially with a wife and kids. Endurance sports in general are just too taxing both mentally and physically for most to sustain for years, its not like beer league softball; there's a huge time commitment and performance always wavers. Hopefully if you do take a break stick around here, this forums losing too many talented racers as is.