Thread: First aid kit
View Single Post
Old 09-28-20, 07:48 PM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3461 Post(s)
Liked 1,467 Times in 1,144 Posts
Originally Posted by indyfabz
...BTW...Is that a Rikon paring knife? I have one in green.
I bought a few of those for a buck or two each at a discount kitchen goods store in an outlet mall, they had both plain and serrated blade ones. I just looked at one, no name or country of origin. Sorry, can't tell you.

Originally Posted by robow
When I see those utensils, it's obvious that this gentleman does more than just eat to survive while on the road, he knows how to prepare finer foods that entail more than "just add water"
Life is too short to eat bad. That is my long trip solo kit.

With only one stove, move the two pots back and forth to heat the sauce while also cooking the noodles.

Occasionally, a ham and eggs meal is a nice change of pace.

But, I often have "just add water" for breakfast. This is one packet of instant oatmeal mixed with one serving of Mountain House Breakfast Skillet, plus of course the coffee.

All the photos of these meals were from my five week tour last summer. You can eat the just add water type of meals for a while, but when out for over a month you need something closer to real food.

Photo below from a different trip, I used the can opener for the small tomato puree can. I usually get three meals out of one chili envelope.