View Single Post
Old 03-11-21, 04:58 AM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3461 Post(s)
Liked 1,467 Times in 1,144 Posts
Originally Posted by Nyah
... I would like to see people forcing retailers/manufacturers to abandon QR-disc.
There are a small number of idiots out there that do not know how to use a quick release lever properly, they think it is intended to be used as a wrench, not as a cam operated tightener. I know because I used to work with one of them, I was shocked when I saw how she installed the wheel on her bike.

I know that some people complain that they are unable to seat their wheel in a frame properly to get the disc aligned properly with quick release, but I do not know what they are doing wrong, unless they bought a frame with loose tolerances. I have no trouble at all.

And a few manufacturers did not think about how their dropouts were oriented when they designed a frame or fork for a disc brake, thus a loose quick release could allow a wheel to pop out of the dropouts under braking, but that was designer error.

If you have some good reason to explain why a technology that has worked quite well for over a half century for hundreds of millions of people should be banned, you should explain why.
Likes For Tourist in MSN: