Old 01-28-20, 08:23 AM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked 174 Times in 115 Posts
Originally Posted by madpogue
Where I work, we administer/support a LOT of vendored apps, and we see poaching, in both directions ALL the time. You see some guy working for the vendor active on their forums, and six months later, you see him again, only with the logo of some customer on his profile. Or a third-party consulting firm. Then you see it vice-versa, the vendor has poached a power-user from a customer. The better players are "adults" about the whole thing, and see it as a part of the business.
I work for a software engineering consulting firm. Because we do so much work at client locations away from our home office, poaching is a big issue for us. Our contracts with clients have very explicit clauses that they are not allowed to poach our employees. Attempts are still made occasionally, but usually a call/letter from our lawyer reminding the client of the financial consequences to which they agreed when they signed the original contract squashes the attempt quickly.

Consecutive bicycle work commute number 882:

16F this morning, with a light cross wind. Not bad overall. The humidity was in the 90% range which meant my goggles were about fogged over by the time I made it the 8 miles to our company office. Still tons of rutted ice on the MUP and road. At this rate we probably won't see that go away until probably some time in March. I took the fat bike and it really smoothed out the rough areas.