Old 02-11-20, 08:29 AM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked 174 Times in 115 Posts
Darth Lefty Yes, chest strap. I thought about using a helmet mount, but I've already got my backup headlight up there. Also I thought about how much time I spend moving my head around (looking at my speedometer, checking blind spots, general sightseeing, etc.) and I figured that would be pretty annoying to watch.

Consecutive bicycle work commute number 892:

Backing up to yesterday, I left work a little early and rode to my son's school for parent-teacher conferences. Afterwards I rode home, during which I saw a guy getting cuffed and stuffed by the cops. I don't think I'd ever seen that before while cycling. So the first day I'm wearing a GoPro I manage to capture something like that. What are the odds?

This morning was 12F with a light headwind. Doing a split day today, with the morning spent at the company office and the afternoon at a client location, so I'll have about 20 miles in by the time I get home tonight. Thankfully it should warm up and the wind isn't supposed to shift, so I should have the more difficult part of the day's ride behind me.

When I arrived at the office, both of my bike lights, my GoPro, my phone and my cordless razor all ran out of charge at the same time. That's the most batteries I've had go dead at once that I can remember. At least my laptop stayed charged.