Old 02-15-20, 10:33 AM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
So, year to year 2019 to 2020 for about a 10mi event my TT power is either identical or even 5w lower for live events. In 2019 I rarely trained on the TT bike. For the 2020 event I did a 2 month block of TT work.

Both indoor road and TT power are appreciably higher for 2020 than 2019. Same indoor bike 2019 and 2020. I setup my position on the indoors Cycleops stationary bike identical to the real bike both years.

I know outdoors is different, but I'm not seeing within 30 to 40w of the indoors figures.

It's a Stages left only on the outdoors bike that I also use on the road bike, I swap it TT/road. On road, it's hard to say. The surges are so high and shorter it's hard to tell the comparability to indoors.

I ran one of my last TT rides outside through the math and my CdA would have had to have been like .170 to make the power figure make sense. No freaking way.

I know you have to adapt to the power reading differences, but this to me is almost silly of a difference.

I had to add nearly 40w of power to arrive at a logical CdA guess for my position and equipment for the recent event.