Thread: Tire Pressure
View Single Post
Old 06-10-22, 01:38 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10497 Post(s)
Liked 12,024 Times in 6,155 Posts
Originally Posted by smd4
Again, I'm not a racer. I'm a casual rider. I guess I just opt for a bike that "feels" faster instead of one that "feels" slower. My actual time means little to me. But, feel free to keep on trying to convince me.

Now if I could just find some 700 x 20C clinchers that went to 140.
I got some 22mm tubulars for my '82 Lotus Supreme, after getting a tubular wheelset for only $50. First ride, just for grins, I pumped them up to 140, close to the max. First mile, they felt really fast, because the first mile was really smooth tarmac. Then I got to the repaved bit, where I swear to got they used the same technique in paving that they used to use to make 'textured' plaster on drywall, back in the 80s. Not bumpy, mind you. But the road buzz through my hands and butt was horrific and I spent the whole time trying to find a path that was marginally smoother. Lesson learned. Now I run them at 100F/105R, and I'm faster because I can concentrate on RIDING.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles