View Single Post
Old 04-21-19, 09:26 PM
August West

Bikes: Domane SLR7 Project One

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked 173 Times in 105 Posts
I retired about a year and a half ago. At the time I had put on a bunch of weight and wasn't in shape at all but still had my Defy Advanced Pro 1 which I hoped to get back on some day so I kept it when relocating after retiring. Fast forward to today and things have changed somewhat. I've dropped 85 lbs., have been able to stop taking my blood pressure meds since my BP is now normal, started really paying attention to nutrition for the first time and am now in the best shape of my life (relative to my age). It wasn't by design but rather a kind of cascade effect where one thing led to another and things kind of snowballed. I finally started riding again about a month ago and now I can't wait until my next ride.

Anyway, I loved the Defy but really wanted to go with a wider tire since a lot of the riding I do now is on rough county roads and it would only fit 25c and some 28c but not others. At least that was my justification So Tuesday I'm picking up my new Domane SL6. I have had some mild feelings of guilt since the Defy was in great shape but I figure I'm not getting any younger and I'd better enjoy riding while I still can. Of course, I used the new bike as an excuse to upgrade computers and ordered an Elemnt Bolt today w/ K-Edge combo mount to replace my ancient Edge 500. I did show some restraint since I wanted the SL7 with Di2 but didn't want to spend that much. So now I'm already making plans for a winter upgrade project to retrofit the new bike with Di2 which should be a fun project.