View Single Post
Old 02-14-11, 02:36 PM
BayAreaUser

Bikes: Caad 9.5, Madone 6 series, Speed Concept 7 series.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bobsled.-
I ended up ordering 2.0s. I need a lightweight set for the deathride (www.deathride.com). I'm far from a decent climber so i figured every bit helps. Plus at 25mm deep, i don't feel like i will lose a lot of aero during everyday rides- not that at my level i would feel the difference anyway.

I may order some deeper rims later on and rotate the 2.0s to the Caad 9.5 and give the ROLs to the GF, whose 4.5 could stand to shed several hundred grams.

2nd gen.-
The wheels are for the Madone. It's a 6.2 series frame with 7800 dura ace components. I'm currently at 15.99 (with the ROLs) without water bottle cages and tool bag. I hope to be in the 15.5lbs rage after with the new wheels arrive. That should put an end to having the bike finalized and just enjoy riding it.

The Caad 9.5 has a set of ROL SL wheels. They are very nice wheels (granted heavier but deeper 30mms). I like the ROls quite a bit, but since the madone will be used mostly for climbing, i figure I should set it up with decent (lighter) climbing wheelset. I'm a whuzz when it comes down to descending and sharp turns, so i'm shying away from carbon for the time being. The last thing i want is to overheat carbon clinchers at 40mph +.

Last edited by BayAreaUser; 02-14-11 at 03:28 PM.