View Single Post
Old 12-30-19, 03:52 PM
OldsCOOL

Bikes: '77 Colnago Super, '76 Fuji The Finest, '88 Cannondale Criterium, '86 Trek 760, '87 Miyata 712

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 659 Post(s)
Liked 595 Times in 313 Posts
Originally Posted by tricky
These are amazing, as is the bike.

Isn't this bike from before they had standard sizes for fasteners? That would explain the use of a monkey wrench instead of fixed width spanners. Are you finding that modern box wrenches fit the pedal flats and other wrenchable surfaces or are you using adjustable wrenches on all of these?

Edit: I was enamored with this wrench so I did some research on it. I reverse google image searched that M logo, but no luck. I hit the jackpot with "Vintage A-2 adjustable wrench" It's a Frank Mossberg wrench. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wrench-Vint...p2047675.l2557

So that they don't get lost in the ebay abyss, attaching the auction pics below for future reference.

More info on the company here. From that same link, here is a pic of an A-1 (5") and an A-2 (5.5") model: The Frank Mossberg Company

J
Awesome find! I couldn’t find it so kicked it aside with the activity of the project. Great question on the sizes. Not only are they standard sizes, all points of maintenance (BB, headset, pedals etc) are what you find on our C&V bikes of up to the 1990’s. It is a joy to work on, not at all frustrating like I had anticipated.
Likes For OldsCOOL: