View Single Post
Old 02-17-20, 03:39 PM
arty dave

Bikes: 30's Speedwell Club Racer, 40's Speedwell 'Z' racer, 50's Unknown Aussie with nice lugs, 50's Speedwell Roadster, 50's Repco Roadster, '63 Raleigh DL-1, 70's Raleigh Sprite, Puch Promenade with Nexus 8

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked 30 Times in 23 Posts
Originally Posted by W.L.SOON
Hi Dave,thank you for taking the trouble.
My rear hub brake has the correct arm. It is just the front one. So ok,let me get this straight:you mean that the HSB 408 is not the CORRECT fit for our front brakes? It will fit on but the angle will be incorrect,is that it? That is why you had to have it welded and redone the hole to get the correct angle?

As for the rear hub brake,I am lacking the rear lower bell-crank and the adjoining threaded rod to pull the rear brake lever. Were these parts never sold as spares/replacements,but only came with the bike back in those days?🤔

Thank you Dave. All the best!😀👍
Apologies, I read and replied too fast as I have a million things happening in my head and life at the moment

To clarify: HSB408 I used on the front and corrected the angle with weld, drill, file to shape. Sorry for the confusion, I see that you asked what number is on the back of the cam arm and thought you were asking about the rear cam arm (which should be part HSB 220). I didn't get to my DL-1 yesterday and am unlikely to see it again for a few more days.
Earlier on in this century (seems weird to say that!) there were still some rod-to-drum conversion kits being sold online but I haven't seen or heard of them for a long time. You may be able to piece together a set from individual parts from UK sellers.

I'm still looking for a rear access panel for a DL-1 chaincase if anyone has one they might be willing to part with, or sees one for sale, can they please let me know?

Last edited by arty dave; 02-17-20 at 03:49 PM.