Old 06-25-20, 03:23 AM
ctak

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked 264 Times in 146 Posts
Originally Posted by RiddleOfSteel
"You know, Dan? You're going to ride this everywhere, and that includes a noisy city where you can't hear the shifting (to tell you it's solidly in gear) and you'll invariably get into a slight pickle with traffic, lights, hills, and/or stopping. And you know, you're going to grumble big time at those lovely friction shifters." This is the brutal truth. I don't live in Carnation, I live in Seattle. I don't want to relegate a bike to country riding only as country riding rarely happens at present.

This may end up being a near-complete parts transfer from the Paramount. It gets the Expedition on the road the quickest and fits my demeanor and use intent. I may still throw Retrofrictions on it in the end, who knows! The inner battle for the soul of the bike to reflect...my own... Are all bikes a projection? Maybe! Serious, concerned, but with levity to bring balance... My Paramount could get the Sugino AT while I re-outfit it with upright, swept-back bars (Nitto B602's) and flat pedals. Full whimsy.
Considering the thought, experimentation and care that went into your Paramount build, parts transfer is nothing short of bi-winning: new feels for one and best-of-touring-class for the other

I once visited a medieval colony in Carnation - not for the faint of heart!
Likes For ctak: