Old 06-30-20, 10:30 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4357 Post(s)
Liked 3,995 Times in 2,666 Posts
I would go with White Industries or Phil Wood hubs personally, if you are doing other MUSA bits you might as well do that. Also me personally would find a different frame, for some reason Rivendell just doesn't do it for me anymore. There are tons of great U.S. builders that could build something strong and lighter weight, plus I personally am not a huge fan of quill stems and the ones that are a little better look terrible.

9 speed is fine but it can be a little hard to find quality stuff these days. Plus most of the stuff out there doesn't do the wide range stuff as well and if I want wide range I want 11 speed so I don't have such big gaps or I would lower down the gearing on everything to give me similar range without maxing out derailleurs. I could try the new Microshift Advent groupset or BOX but honestly I like Shimano just fine.

I would also go with Paul levers for the brakes, I mean why not? They have purple anodized, what more could you want?

Other than that not a bad spec list.