View Single Post
Old 07-02-20, 10:02 AM
Emilio700

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 42 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by SkepticalOne
Emilio...Just got 38c Rene Herse Barlow Pass installed per below and noted extreme proximity (1-2mm) of the tire to the Di2 FD. Can you comment on this? Have you used any protective film within the chain stays or the crotch of the chain stays for what is minimal clearance at these locations? Thanks very much.
My front derailleur is an R9100 Dura-Ace, the only one I have experience with on this bike. I imagine clearance will change depending on whether it is a GRX, Ultegra or the new 105. Which model FD is yours? That information might help other people who are readng this thread and considering a similar build. Of course there aren't bike industry standards for establishing tire casing volume. So one brands 40 might have more casing volume than another brands 40. In the automotive world, standards dictate what width rim you measure on so casing width is a bit more consistent.

I did not add any coatings or wraps on my frame to protect from tire or debris rubbing there but now that you mention it it's not a bad idea. On my 2014 Van Dessel carbon bike I squeezed tires in that were too big and rubbed some serious grooves into the carbon. No good that.