Old 07-02-20, 04:25 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4357 Post(s)
Liked 3,995 Times in 2,666 Posts
Originally Posted by Clyde1820
Had a custom fitting, many years ago, with Co-Motion and did a tour of the facility with one of their tech/engineer folks. Was eye-opening. Very high-quality builds. For a price, can get any reasonable tweak to a frame/fork and have it come out right, once everything's put together. Great shop. These other alternatives seem to have decent geometry right "out of the box," so to speak, and would end up about ~half a full Co-Motion build, so far as I've penciled it out. But, Co-Motion's definitely a possibility. I like what Rodriguez is doing on materials and builds, and the custom-geometry and step-through would yield a good match. But the Riv has great geometry and is the starting point, for me.

Thanks for the reminder about Co-Motion. Long before the Pangea 26 came along, we'd roughly spec'ed out a 26in-wheeled frame set with a longer wheelbase and suitable for wider rims/tires.
I do that frequently I love my Co-Motion and am always happy to spread the gospel, They are super nice and make excellent bikes. Rodriguez isn't a bad option either and they are also quite nice.