View Single Post
Old 07-30-13, 07:10 AM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by jimmuller
JFB, that sounds like a nice day! (Welcome to Metrowestcentricity. )

Since we did parts of the MM twice on Saturday, once end to end and back, we might have crossed paths. Simultaneoulsy even. I've never ridden the Reformatory Trail though.
Here is a link to the trail: http://www.traillink.com/trail/refor...nch-trail.aspx

We picked it up on Monson Street off of Rte 62 in Concord, and took it to Monument St. It's narrow dirt, and was muddy in spots. Do they make wide-tire mountain bike type tandems?

That end of the Minuteman in Bedford was a nice spot, with store, railroad car, and large air-conditioned rest room there. I had to wait for a roadie to emerge, with his high-end bike. He claimed the bike had to go.

Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
...Most of my usual cycling is solo on well-traveled routes with definite destinations and schedules, so I always enjoy these rides where I am lost to time and place...
So I can't really say what time we were on the Minuteman; I would estimate around 1-2:00 PM, and we rode it for less than about two miles. When we first entered a commercial section of Bedford [strike]might have been from Davis Rd (I don't have my cue sheet here)[/strike]on Rte 62, I had to ask a pedestrian what town we were in.

Mis Kenton from New Jersey commented how there are no street signs around here. I certainly would have liked to know the names of some of those beautiful roads for future reference.

Last edited by Jim from Boston; 07-30-13 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Found my cue sheet