View Single Post
Old 08-26-13, 07:27 AM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by rholland1951
...Tried something new, extending a recent ride out the Mystic Valley Parkway to South Border Road in Winchester with a return on Governor's Avenue, High Street, and River Street in Medford. This made for a 9-mile loop, with an interesting mix of parkway, suburban, and urban riding conditions, one long, steep (11%) climb, lots of rolling hills, 663' of climbing, and some new insights into Medford, a city I've lived next to for decades, but never much explored. This ride feels like a keeper, with a lot of variety packed into an hour, a less homogeneous alternative to my standard 10-mile Minuteman thing. It may also be the beginning of more rides that go East, rather than West…
I live in Kenmore Square in a village east of Metrowest known as Boston (“City of immediate supervisors”) and I have ventured even farther East than Medford and reported my discoveries:

Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
Hello, Metrowestopolitans.

This weekend, I rode my bike to the mysterious and fabled Metroeast to a city that the natives call “Hull,” meaning “the frame of a large boat” (bigger than a canoe). The wonders that I saw, unbeholden by so many Metrowesterners!

Ocean views:

Beach Houses:

Hon ky-tonk:

I’m planning to go back and establish a trade route from West to East. We’ll send BMW’s, brie, and chardonnay in exchange for dune buggies, hot dogs, and cotton candy. There are fortunes to be made I tell you.