non-fixie 
Shifting is fun!

Bikes: Yes, please.

Mentioned: 279 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2192 Post(s)
Liked 4,580 Times in 1,762 Posts
Originally Posted by cudak888
Concur with the idea that the fork is conventional Super Course - thought so ever since I saw the Vagner DP fork crown.

I'm not surprised at the Prugnat 62 BIS lugs though. The 1974 and 1975 catalogs show them (as does '76, which reuses the '75 SC Mk.II picture), and they also show a Huret Challenger at the back end. At most, the factory subbed a pair of dropouts from the Competition parts pile. It'd explain the size too, given that no Competitions in 25.5" would have been hanging awaiting paint.

For all we know, the Jubilee might have been an owner upgrade. Or equal-or-better parts substitution given the dropout swap. I find it interesting that a bit of Grand Sport got into the mix too, given the Stronglight crankset. Another question of "factory swap or owner substitution?"

My biggest worry is that the seatpost and stem will come out for you (!)

-Kurt
The Prugnat 62bis lugs are one reason I like this bike. They add a touch of ... what's the English equivalent of je ne sais quoi? ... Pizzazz?

And thanks for your concern, but - surprisingly - the seat post came out in five seconds.

Likes For non-fixie: