Old 01-26-19, 10:46 AM
AdventureManCO 
The Huffmeister

Bikes: '79 Trek 938, '86 Jim Merz Allez SE, '90 Miyata 1000, '68 PX-10, '80 PXN-10, '73 Super Course, '87 Guerciotti, '83 Trek 600, '80 Huffy Le Grande

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1226 Post(s)
Liked 3,554 Times in 1,410 Posts
Everyone,

Thank you for the replies so far. I agree, it is hard to get an accurate valuation without seeing the actual bike. Good news is that I put $30 down on a Trek 412 frame at the same co-op and I quickly looked and it upon closer inspection it looks like has the PSA stamped fork crown, so I'm less interested in it. I could probably easily move that over to the Bianchi.

Regarding the frameset, it was probably a bad idea to attach that picture of the other Bianchi touring bike, as this bike, yes, is different. Critique accepted!

I did some research the other night, and found what looks like the same frameset in this thread: https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-v...ialissima.html

The only difference is that I remember the fork was painted white, with a chrome pantographed crown. Had pantographing on the seatstay caps and in other places I think.

If this frameset was actually offered as a frameset only (according to the thread above), then there is a slight possibility that this particular frameset was never built up. That to me would increase value, as it would in essence be NOS, with no riding time. I won't talk myself into that hope unless I inspect the bike and see evidence.

Will try to get pictures ASAP - hopefully when I pick it up! If the frame is the same as what is in the '83 Bianchi thread above, it would be the same frame used in the Super Leggera, yes? I know very little about Bianchi hierarchy.

Thank you for your continued thoughts!