Old 04-17-20, 03:35 PM
CyclingBK

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 88 Times in 57 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
Essentially by going hard on that one spot of the ride, you are partially doing interval training. You might look into it if you are wanting to really get faster.

Gearing is dynamic and depending on the power your legs can put out and the speed you enter that segment from one day to the next. You might need to learn to select your gears by the feed back your legs are giving you as opposed to using the same gear combo for every attempt.

If an hours ride is all you can do or want to do then that is what you do. However my legs don't get fully loosened up in the first hour of riding. Except for times I overreach during the first hour, I have my better times in the second hour and my legs also feel like they can go forever, even after thinking my legs felt like crap during the first hour.
Yeah, that’s the thing. You guys are on a different level. Well, I should say you *worked to that level with countless hours of training.

I think I’m in a phase of being a new cyclist who is just starting to feel some power and speed coming and maybe will get addicted and push to more training time.

I definitely see it takes time to feel warmed up and have been pleased at finding that you really can push hard, then recover, then push hard again, and your legs will “step up” so to speak.

But I’m just starting to see how to structure my rides, incorporate intervals to make “gains” and am looking forward to the spring and more riding time.

Last edited by CyclingBK; 04-17-20 at 08:19 PM.