Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Originally Posted by CliffordK
https://www.wheels.ca/car-reviews/fi...kswagen-jetta/

I presume the passenger compartment is about the same height. I sat in a FOX in a junkyard a while ago, and just didn't fit... don't know why it would have been different from the Rabbit.

But, the hood appears higher, thicker doors, etc. I can't tell about the pillars, but the mirrors look big.

One advantage of the newer car is that it likely has electronic multi-directional adjustable seats. So smaller drivers can get to the optimal height easier. No little old ladies that can't see over the steering wheels.... hopefully.

Mom's Prius is good at detecting cross traffic when backing. I know it detects cars and pedestrians, and I would assume bikes.

In bad weather, one periodically has to clean the camera and sensors.

However, driving forward, it has some sensors, but certainly not as aggressive... Perhaps a light on the mirror when a collision would be imminent? I don't know if other brands would be better for situations like pulling out into traffic from a parking lot.
Lol, I still remember seeing a tall guy driving either a Fox or Jetta to a meet years and years ago. His arms were so long and the door to window ratio so short, he was "hugging" the car door with his hand UNDER the car while driving down the road.

I saw it and was like, wtf!

I remember my 1990 Jetta felt like a fishbowl compared to our 2008 Audi A6 Avant.