Old 06-23-20, 01:13 PM
deacon mark

Bikes: Habanero Titanium Team Nuevo

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked 185 Times in 121 Posts
Getting Heart Rate Up not overly high

I have been a life long runner and cyclist and my resting HR usually is around 40 in the calm. I am 58 and I find rarely can I every get my heart rate above 140. If I get to 140 I am working extremely hard and probably trying go up a climb or sprint. I just wonder if anyone else has the same sort of stats. I see guys my age running heart rates in training of 125-150. I have been riding a lot lately about 250-300 miles a week and I go about 50 mile rides at say 17-19 mph solo. Mostly I live in flatland's but on these my ride will have 108 bpm average. This puts me according to numbers in the lower end of training intensity.

I am familiar with the science and HR is very individual but wonder if anyone else has same similar stats. I would like to think that it is because my rest rate is low and I just cannot get up beyond a certain level regardless of what the max HR is supposed to be. Mine would be around 162 and that seems pretty high to me. Running naturally gets my HR up higher but my issue with that is I have runner's dystonia and I cannot always run as such. I sort of walk fast then sprint a bit and regroup. My brain has forgot how to run correct but that has nothing to do with my post as such. Although I would like know I anyone might have that********** while i am at it.