View Single Post
Old 07-06-18, 11:28 AM
DiegoFrogs

Bikes: '77 Centurion "Pro Tour"; '67 Carlton "The Flyer"; 1984 Ross MTB (stored at parents' house)

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked 93 Times in 61 Posts
Originally Posted by noglider
I have a Lumotech. If it has extra features, I don't notice them. I leave it in the on position all the time. Last week, the light stopped working, and I took an hour and went all through the wiring to find the problem. It turns out someone had "helpfully" switched it off, perhaps thinking he was saving my "battery."
I have one variety of the Lumotech (Cyo T Senso Plus Bonus Advantage...) from about 6 years ago as well. Mine has three switch positions: On, Off and "I'll be the judge of that!" It's gorgeously constructed, works flawlessly and got me hooked on Dynamo lighting, but I'm glad I have the option to force the thing to be on. Some lights now only have the option of Off or "I'll be the judge of that!" This tells me that they could be susceptible to photodetector failure or shadowing.

Perhaps unlike your situation, I bring my bikes inside my apartment whenever I can. Then I like to turn the lights off. The fronts are usually simple enough, and my only rear dynamo taillight requires that I use a key or coin to bridge two conductors to discharge the capacitor, which is perfectly fine as well.