Old 01-13-12, 11:51 AM
Da Sherm
Gaming Guru

Bikes: 2011 Ridley Orion Ultegra

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thought I should drop a line in here. I've just hit my 6 year anniversary serving in the USAF. I was stationed in Florida for 4 years where I did 3 tours of Iraq (10 months total). I volunteered for a special duty assignment to wind up where I'm at now.

Currently I am stationed at a small Belgian Air Force base and loving it!! Belgium is an awesome place to ride if you ever get the chance. Although just a beginner cyclist, I jumped in the deep end and spent a lot on my first bike and haven't looked back. I have biked about 1,400 miles on Belgian pavement since last May when I got my bike and I can say after riding in California with my uncle this December that nothing beats the cycling atmosphere here.

I recently purchased a ContourHD and soon I'll be making videos, I'll put some on youtube so everyone here can see what it's like. I have found a Dutch website of the bike path network of Belgium/Netherlands. Search for "Neerpelt" to see where I live (I live in Overpelt). If anyone has any ideas on where I should ride let me know and I'll try to make the trip.

If you ever get the chance to make it anywhere in Europe hit me up, I'll be in Belgium until September 2013. Thanks for everyone's continued support of the Armed Forces