View Single Post
Old 04-02-21, 10:32 AM
work4bike

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3777 Post(s)
Liked 1,048 Times in 792 Posts
Originally Posted by Leisesturm
Not sure why you've posted this now. First, you haven't made any sense. Second, this is a thread about Idaho Stop. At best this is gratuitous misinformation. At worst, it is ...
I always take the lane at a stop sign and light where a Right Hook is a possibility. I've had two instances while sitting at a light when I actually had drivers coming up really fast, one of them was when there was no one else around (on a Sunday morning ride). I noticed the driver coming up very fast in my mirror, so I started circling around the white stopping mark/line and then all of a sudden the driver started beeping at me and I'm looking at her with total disbelief, because she wasn't slowing down and getting really close. I ended up moving out of the way as she barreled thru the stop light. My guess is either she was too focused on me being in the road and not seeing the light or she was responding to some kind of personal emergency.

The second incident was someone f**kin' with me and I ended up giving chase, but was unable to catch him. I've had a few other weird issues with people behind me, but those are the ones that really stick out in my head.

Maybe this would have been better in another thread, but sometimes these threads get a little tangled up