Mobile 155

Bikes: 2013 Haro FL Comp 29er MTB.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1470 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Machka
Only one week??
Our Governor has asked high risk people and non essential workers to stay home for 14 days. Thursday was seven days for me. All people flying into Texas are mandated 14 days especially from New York. It isn't mandated for the rest of us but my kids would go ballistic if I went to the store.

We are being told, believe it or not, that the major problem is transference from people to people. That makes surface cleaning secondary. The virus seems to have a very short lifespan on most surfaces. But the days of putting people on Buses, trains and planes shoulder to shoulder may be over, if not by mandate by caution. Meetings, concerts, restaurants, museums, sporting events are all canceled because of social distancing. And people here are not shaking hands any more. Hugs are gone. Schools are closed.

I just believe our relationship to others will change socially and culturally. People some we used to call germaphobes are now looking like reasonable people. This event look like it may have a lasting effect on peoples psyche. Living densely sounds dangerous and from the looks of streets in Italy and the US it seems as if the population is taking in seriously. Except for some places in New York where we still see people gathering. But then they have half of all the cases of Covid 19 we see.

My question might better be, will this cultural shift last?