View Single Post
Old 08-10-19, 10:22 PM
Senior Ryder 00 
Old bikes, Older guy

Bikes: A few modern, Several vintage, All ridden when weather allows.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked 167 Times in 115 Posts
Hi all,

for the feedback. Sorry for the slow response, but I’ve been sidetracked by a bum left shoulder. It’s a combination of pinched nerves and tendonitis. Lots of testing, x-rays, appointments, etc.

It appears that my choice wording in the original post was poor. Instead of asking for “softening” info, I should have asked about ways of “facilitating” break in. In addition the Pro Select, I have a 40+ year old Brooks that originally came on a Raleigh Competition. This one has been well taken care of and is very comfortable. It probably has several thousand miles on it. Also have a pair of Brooks copies from Spa Cycles in the UK. One has about 500 miles on it and has been comfortable from about 50 miles. The other has only seen about 150 miles and is still not quite there. All have been treated regularly with Proof Hide. My favorite is a Selle Anatomica, but the Brooks types are a close second.

An interesting bit of info; the leather on the Pro Select is about 1mm thicker than my other leather saddle of that style. So, since I don’t want to wreck it and some prefer these, trades, anyone? Send PM or text if interested.

Thanks & regards,

Van
@Road Fan