Old 05-27-20, 09:14 AM
Toadmeister

Bikes: 2021 Salsa Fargo 1x12, 2019 Jamis Renegade Exploit 1x11. Motobacne NX Fat Tire

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked 332 Times in 170 Posts
Originally Posted by GlennR
Totally of of context.

There's a difference between wear from use and damage from abuse.

Not saying you abuse it but "Bike fell over one too many times" tells me you need to change what you are doing.

Best of luck and if your LBS is not getting results... try another. I snapped the crank fixing bolt and contacted a LBS. With no word after a few days, I called another shop and had the part 2 days later. It's been 10 weeks and i've still not heard back from the first shop and don't plan on using them in the future. My point is some shop can't be bothered to order a part they don't make any money on.
I know what I did wrong- I was trying to replace my pedals while just using my kick stand for support- BAD IDEA and the bike knocked over. It also fell over another time the week before due to negligence on my part. LESSON LEARNED: Use my bike stand for doing wrenching and maintenance! Furthermore kick stands are not to be trusted. I mainly use my kickstand just as a third hand when loading the bike and not to leave it standing un-attended.

You got to learn life's lessons the hard way. Or at least I do.